Many times it may happen that we forget our UAN account password. This password is required to login into your EPF account to request a service or to check your balance.
EPFO has made it easier for employees to change the profile password in case you have forgotten it just want to change it through their official website at epfindia.gov.in
In this article, will get to know the steps to change the password of your EPF account online.
So let’s see the process in detail…
Steps to change or reset UAN password online
To change or reset your UAN or EPF account password online,
Step 1: Go to the EPFO portal
- First, go to the official website of EPFO at www.epfindia.gov.in
- In the menu section, go to ‘Services’, then click on ‘FOR EMPLOYEES’.
- Now click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’.
Step 2: Enter UAN number
- A new page will open.
- On the homepage, click on ‘Forget Password’.
- The password reset page will open up.
Step 3: Enter UAN number
- Now enter your UAN number.
- Enter the captcha code provided.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
In case you don’t remember your UAN number, you can read the article below to know the process for searching for your UAN number online.
Step 4: Verify UAN number
- On clicking submit, your mobile number will be displayed.
- You will be asked, “Do you wish to send OTP to the above mentioned number?”
- Click on Yes. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received in the specified field.
- Click on ‘Verify’.
In case you have lost or discontinued the shown mobile number, read the article below to know the process to change your registered mobile number.
In case you are getting an error asking you to activate your UAN, click to know the steps to activate your UAN.
Step 5: Enter new password
- Once you verify your UAN number using OTP, a new page will open.
- Now enter the new password you want.
- Now enter the same password in the ‘Confirm Password’ field.
- After that, click on ‘Submit’.
- Your password will get reset.
Now you can log in to your account using your UAN number and password.
By following these steps you can easily reset the password of your UAN or EPF account online through the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in
(Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only. The screenshots/logos used are the intellectual property of the respective owners. dreamtrixfinance.com neither endorses nor is affiliated with the brands/websites mentioned. This is not financial advice.)
More articles about EPF
- How To Extend SBI PPF Account For 5 Years Online 2023
- EPF Name And Details Correction (Update) Process Online 2023
- How To Download And Check EPF Passbook Online 2023
- EPF Claim Status Check Online Process (through EPFO) 2023
- How To Check EPF Balance Online Through EPFO Portal 2023
- How To Download PPF Account Payment Receipt Online