Checking your EPF balance online is a good way to keep track of your savings and plan your retirement. It also allows you to know if your employer is depositing your contributions regularly.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made it easier to check your EPF balance online through the EPFO portal at epfindia.gov.in.
In this article, you will get to know the following points of how to check your EPF balance online,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Details required to check EPF balance online
You will need an EPF account and an activated UAN number to check your PF balance online through the EPFO portal.
In case you have not activated your UAN, you can check the article provided below.
Steps to check EPF balance online through the EPFO portal
To check your EPF balance online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of EPFO
- First, go to the official website of EPFO at www.epfindia.gov.in
- In the menu section, go to ‘Services’, then click on ‘FOR EMPLOYEES’.
- Now click on the ‘Member Passbook’ option.
Step 2: Login into your account
- The EPF Passbook Portal will open.
- On the page, enter your UAN number and password.
- Now enter the captcha code and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
- You will be logged into the account.
Step 3: Select Member ID
- Once you are logged in, you will be asked to select your Member ID.
- Click on the drop-down and select the member ID whose balance you want to check.
- You will get two options, ‘View Passbook’ and ‘View Claim Status.’
- Click on the ‘View Passbook [NEW: YEARLY]’ option.
You may get an error that shows ‘for viewing Member Passbook, e-Nomination is compulsory.’ In that case, you need to complete your e-Nomination first. It’s easy to do and takes a few minutes.
Step 4: View EPF balance
- Once you click on the ‘View Passbook’ option, your total balance along with employee and employer contributions will be displayed.
- You can check your balance and view all other details associated with it.
By following these steps you can easily check your EPF balance online through the EPFO portal.
You can also download or print your passbook for future reference.
More articles about EPF
- How To Extend SBI PPF Account For 5 Years Online 2023
- EPF Name And Details Correction (Update) Process Online 2023
- How To Download And Check EPF Passbook Online 2023
- EPF Claim Status Check Online Process (through EPFO) 2023
- How To Check EPF Balance Online Through EPFO Portal 2023
- How To Download PPF Account Payment Receipt Online