In case you don’t remember the validity of your car or bike insurance, and do not have the document with you right now, you can check it online. You can also check the current status of your insurance .
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) has made it easier to check the validity and status of your car or bike insurance online using your registration number.
You can also use this feature to check the insurance validity of any other vehicle using its registration number.
In this article, you will get to know the following points on how to check your car or bike insurance validity online,
- Details required
- Steps to check vehicle insurance through Vahan
- Steps to check vehicle insurance through mParivahan
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Details required to check bike or car insurance validity online
You will need the registration number of your bike or car to check the status and validity of its insurance online.
You also need to have an account on the Vahan NR e-services portal or the mParivahan app.
If you don’t have an account on the Vahan NE Service portal, click to know the steps to register on the Vahan portal.
In case you want to check the details through the mParivahan app. You need to register first.
Steps to check bike/car insurance status & validity through Vahan Portal
To check your vehicle’s insurance validity and status online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of Parivahan
- First, go to the official website of Parivahan portal at parivahan.gov.in.
- Next, click on the ‘Informational Services’ option on the main menu.
- Next, click on the ‘Know your Vehicle Details’ option.
- A new page will open in front of you which is the citizen login page.
Step 2: Login into the Vahan portal
- On the citizen login page, enter the registered mobile number in the specified field.
- Next, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Next, enter the password in the specified field.
- Next, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter it in the specified field and click on the ‘Verify’ button.
Step 3: Enter the vehicle number
- Now under ‘RC status,’ enter the registration number of the vehicle that you want to search.
- Next, enter the captcha code.
- Next, click on the ‘Vahan Search’ button.
Step 4: Check insurance status and validity
- The details of the searched vehicle will be displayed on the screen.
- You can check the status and validity of your car insurance, along with other details.
You can also take a printout of the page if you want.
By following these steps, you can easily check the insurance status and validity of your vehicle or any other vehicle online through the Vahan Portal.
Steps to check bike/car insurance status & validity through mParivahan app
To check your vehicle insurance details through the mParivahan app,
Step 1: Login on the mParivahan app
- Open the mParivahan app.
- Next, enter your registered mobile number in the specified field.
- Next, enter the 6-digit MPIN set during registration.
- Next, click the ‘Sign in with MPIN’ button.
- You will be logged in.
Step 2: Enter the vehicle number
- On the dashboard, you will get a search field.
- From the options, select the ‘Vehicle’ option.
- Next, enter the vehicle registration number that you want to search.
- Next, click on the ‘Search’ icon.
Step 3: View vehicle insurance details
- The details of the vehicle number entered will be displayed on the screen.
- You will get the vehicle insurance status and validity under the insurance section.
By following these steps, you can easily check the insurance details of your vehicle or any other vehicle online through the mParivahan app.
More articles about Insurance
- How To Check Car/Bike Insurance Validity & Status Online In India
- Check LIC Policy Maturity Date And Maturity Amount Online 2023
- How to Check LIC Policy Status Online 2023
- How to Pay LIC Premium Online Without Login 2023
- How to Download LIC Premium Receipt Without Login
- PMSBY Policy Certificate Download PDF Online 2023