Fixed Deposits (FD) are popular among investors who want to earn higher returns than savings accounts and have a low-risk appetite.
If you are an SBI account holder and want to open an FD online, you can do so easily by using your net banking facility.
In this article, you will get to know the following points on how to open an FD online in SBI,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Details required to open an SBI Fixed Deposit (FD)
You need the following details to open an SBI Fixed Deposit (FD) online,
- Internet Banking details
- Fixed deposit amount
- Tenure of deposit
- Registered mobile number
Steps required to open an SBI Fixed Deposit (FD) Online
To open an SBI Fixed Deposit (FD) online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of SBI Online
- First, go to the official website of SBI Internet Banking at onlinesbi.sbi
- Next, click on the ‘Login’ button under Personal Banking.
- Next, click on the ‘Continue to Login’ button.
- A new page opens up.
Step 2: Log in to your Internet Banking account
- On the new page, enter your internet banking username and password in the specified fields.
- Next, enter the captcha code and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter it in the specified field and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be logged in.
Step 3: Select the ‘Deposits & investments’ option
- Once logged in, click on the ‘Deposits & investments’ option on the main menu.
- Now click on the ‘Deposit’ option.
- A new page will open up.
Step 4: Select the ‘e-TDR/e-STDR’ option
- Now, click on the Fixed Deposit (FD) option.
- Next, click on the ‘e-TDR/e-STDR’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- A new page will open.
Step 5: Fill in the details
- Now, select the account from which you want the amount to be debited.
- Next, enter the amount for Fixed Deposit (FD).
- Now, select the term deposit options.
- Next, fill out the remaining details based on the selection made.
Step 6: Create a Fixed Deposit
- Once you have entered all the details, check the “I Accept the Terms and Conditions” checkbox.
- Next, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, verify the details entered by you.
- Next, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Your request to create a fixed deposit will be successfully submitted.
By following these steps, you can easily create a Fixed deposit account online through the official net banking portal onlinesbi.sbi.
In case you are looking for Fixed Deposit under the Tax Saving scheme, you can also do it online through SBI.
More articles about Banking
- Mahila Samman Savings Certificate (MSSC) Scheme 2023
- ICICI Bank Account Add Nominee Online Process 2023
- How To Change Transfer Limit In YONO SBI 2023
- How To Download SBI Account Statement Online 2023
- How To Cancel Nomination On Your SBI Account Online In 2023
- How To Open A New SBI Fixed Deposit Online 2023
(Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only. The screenshots/logos used are the intellectual property of the respective owners. dreamtrixfinance.com neither endorses nor is affiliated with the brands/websites mentioned. This is not financial advice.)